Re: Radiacmeter - Canadian Armed Services

Johannes Strydom wrote:

Johannes, I have a Precision Radiation Instrument from the same time era
and the Sr-90 source was leaking.  Beware that you friends may also be
leaking.  Recommend placement in plastic bags using disposable gloves to
handle instruments.  Have them surveyed by a qualified HP for loose
surface contamination.  Most beta/gamma friskers will easily detect the
Sr-90.  I recommend that the situation be handled with care, since he
has several of them and has probably handled them to some extent.

Dean Chaney, USNRC
ddchaney@jps.net