Radiacmeter - Canadian Armed Services

Radsafers,

I recently had someone ask me to identify what radioactive material was
in an old Canadian Armed Forces Radiacmeter.  It was manufactured by
R.H. Nichols Co (in the 50s or 60s).  We found a Sr-90 check source
inside it.  This person has quite a few of these meters (~350) which he
bought from army surplus in Canada.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to
what he can do with these.  He was hoping to sell them as collector's
items from the Cold War era.  If  am correct, he cannot legally sell
them since they contain RAM.  I suggested he try and return them where
he got them from.  Any suggestions would be appreciated -- or if 350 of
you would like one of these instruments ... :) .  Thanks.
--
Johannes "Fritz" Strydom
Health Physicist