Re: BEIR VI: Radon Rehash, under done

Michael Ford wrote:

>6.  If you do 1 through 5, radon is the least of your worries.

Thank goodness!  I was beginning to think I'd never see anyone from a state
agency that wasn't acting paranoid about radon.  Here in Ohio, they've got
us testing for it before we can sell property (personally, I waived the
test so we could just get on with life).  In North Dakota, they're
*actively* promoting testing and remediation (at least according to a job
posting that hit Radsafe a while back).  I was afraid that it was a
national trend.

BTW -- I sent a message to the ND folks asking for more info on their
radon/cancer studies after I saw the job posting and info from their web
site.  I got a message saying that my request had been forwarded to the guy
responsible for that part of the program.  Never heard a thing from him
(not even a "bite me" note).  Guess they're not interested in spreading all
the good info they have to the rest of us...

J. Eric Denison
Program Assistant to Dr. P.E. Kolattukudy
The Ohio State University
Neurobiotechnology Center
206 Rightmire Hall, 1060 Carmack Road
Columbus, Ohio  43210