Re: Charcoal Filter for Fume Hood

>Radsafers,
>
>We are trying to set up one of our fume hoods as an iodinization hood.
>Currently it has a 24" by 24" by 2" prefilter and a 24" by 24" by 12"
>HEPA filter.  We're looking for a charcoal filter that is better than
>90% efficient to replace the HEPA filter.  I have only been able to find
>a charcoal prefilter (about 25% efficient).  Does anyone know of a
>supplier for this type of filter?  Thanks.

Someone once drew my attention to an interesting alternative solution to
the problem of modifying a fume hood for iodination procedures - a
plexiglass iodination box with replaceable activated charcoal filters,
placed within a conventional fume hood.  See article by Rubin et al in
Health Physics 1977;32:307-309.

Jocelyn Towson, RSO
Dept of PET & Nuclear Medicine
Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
Camperdown, NSW 2050
Australia

tel [national]  02 9515 8011    [international] 61 2 9515 8011
fax [national]  02 9515 6381    [international] 61 2 9515 6381
email   jtowson@nucmed.rpa.cs.nsw.gov.au