Re: check sources

Mark Dater asked:

> I have a question regarding  survey instruments and check sources.
> Do you install a check source on every instrument that is in your facility
> or institution?

No. This includes my current position, when I  worked at FPL and prior
to that, when I worked for the State of Florida.  The purpose of the
check source is to check and ensure the operability of the survey
instrument, not the fact that there is an independent check source. A
single source can and should be used to check each instrument. An
added benefit of using a single check source (in the same facility)
is that one instrument's response can be compared to others. This is
of course not the focus of the check source, but why not use the
information?

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director