Re: check sources

Mark,

It's our practice to put a check source (U metal) on each survey
meter, if there isn't one there already.  I think part of the point
to having one on the meter is that, considering it's an effort to get
researchers to do an operational check at all, it's going to be even
more of an uphill battle, if they have to go find the check source
first.  It's easy enough to say that the survey meters should be
stored in one place - where the check source is also kept - but in a
typical lab, it's inevitable that the meters will be found where they
were last used.

Regards,
Sue Dupre

Sue M. Dupre, Health Physicist