If the GM is intended for use by our intrepid resident physicians, I even circle the correct scale to put the multiposition switch at and draw a line on the meter face indicating the correct operational response point!  Works like a charm!   Every meter should have one, even if the NRC or State regs. don't require them.

Regards,

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
Michael J. Bohan, RSO   |  e-mail: mike.bohan@yale.edu
Yale-New Haven Hospital |    Tele: (203) 688-2950
Radiological Physics    |     FAX: (203) 737-4252
20 York St. - WWW 204   |    As usual, everything I say may be plausibly
New Haven, CT    06504  |    denied at my employer's convenience ...

--------------------------------------
Date: 02/26/1998 2:23 PM
To: Mike Bohan
From: radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu

I have a question regarding  survey instruments and check sources.
Do you install a check source on every instrument that is in your facility
or institution?

If you do not install check sources how do you insure that the instrument
is functioning everytime a person picks the instrument up to use?
Thanks in advance for your comments,

Mark Dater
NeXstar Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
2860 Wilderness Place