Re: Stewart

Sandy Perle wrote:

> Dale Boyce said:
>
> > It seems that the anti's don't even have to make quasi-plausible
> > claims anymore. A 1000 times more likely to get cancer????
> > If 15 or 20% of us all die of cancer and 25 to 30% of us will
> > get cancer some time in our life, those poor exposed individuals
> > will have to suffer and survive a few hundred cases of cancer
> > in their lifetime....
>
> If I recall correctly, the current figures of cancer incidence (all
> cancers - USA) is 1 in 2.25 persons will have some form of cancer in
> their lifetime. Not difficult for someone with an agenda to equate
> any cancer with any agent, be it a recognized causal agent, or not.
> It only requires the focused agenda of the individual.
>
> The media has gone berserk ..

Huh? It wasn't the "media" that promulgated the BEIR report and ran the
fear-mongering con on the public, the "media" only reported what was said.

In fact, some media was much more responsibile in reporting that a conflict
exists. The "scientists" talked religion. They manufactured the ammunition
that a single alpha can cause a cancer, literally!? (the radium dial painters
and Otto Raabe's studies, the human and dog, mice, rats contrary data, etc
etc, notwithstanding funded by the EPA to run the con on the public.

>that print as well as TV/radio.  it's
> ratings that they care about and that unfortunately is all they focus
> on. I can understand .. the bottom line $$$ is paramount, and is
> evident in all industries. The more dramatic .. the better. Want to
> sell papers, news time on TV, add the word "RADIATION" ... you have
> an instant viewership.

Right. But it starts with nuclear/radiation self-serving fear-mongers. The
source is us.

> News reporting today is almost as low as "tabloid TV" ... the evening
> news, the newspapers are nothing more than the offspring of Jerry
> Springer and the rest of the "crap mongers" out there!

Springer is more honest. He doesn't wrap himself in the flag and take $100
Billions in public funds for no public benefits.