Re: Stewart

Dale Boyce said:

> It seems that the anti's don't even have to make quasi-plausible
> claims anymore. A 1000 times more likely to get cancer????
> If 15 or 20% of us all die of cancer and 25 to 30% of us will
> get cancer some time in our life, those poor exposed individuals
> will have to suffer and survive a few hundred cases of cancer
> in their lifetime....

If I recall correctly, the current figures of cancer incidence (all
cancers - USA) is 1 in 2.25 persons will have some form of cancer in
their lifetime. Not difficult for someone with an agenda to equate
any cancer with any agent, be it a recognized causal agent, or not.
It only requires the focused agenda of the individual.

The media has gone berserk .. print as well as TV/radio .  it's
ratings that they care about and that unfortunately is all they focus
on. I can understand .. the bottom line $$$ is paramount, and is
evident in all industries. The more dramatic .. the better. Want to
sell papers, news time on TV, add the word "RADIATION" ... you have
an instant viewership.

News reporting today is almost as low as "tabloid TV" ... the evening
news, the newspapers are nothing more than the offspring of Jerry
Springer and the rest of the "crap mongers" out there!

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division