Discussion on radon, etc.

     First, I want to thank all the RADSAFErs for the really good
     discussion on radon, statistics, "ecological studies," etc.  I teach a
     graduate course in radioactive waste management, and being neither a
     statistician nor an epidemiologist, I find this information most
     useful for my class!

     Now, what ever happened to what I learned in graduate school many
     decades ago: when the experimental results don't agree with the model,
     you change the model to incorporate the experimental results?

     Clearly my own opinion and no one else's.

     Ruth F. Weiner, Ph. D.
     Transportation Systems Department
     Sandia National Laboratories
     Mail Stop 0718