Re: check sources

> How would you implement this in a facility that covers many acres, ten to
> twelve buildings, and 200 to 250 labs - each under a different authorized
> user?

I don't know who Paul Lavely is asking this question.. the original
question from Mark, or from me, based on my response. If the question
is being directed to me, I'll just state what my  opinion:

1. I said that a single check source is viable IF used in the same
facility. If we're going to quibble over what the term facility
means,,, so be it. However, I was addressing a facility that had the
instruments basically located in a single, close and concise area.

2. If the facility is spread out, as in Paul's scenario, then
multiple check sources would be needed. Nobody, including myself, was
inferring that a single check source should be used for a facility
that covers acres, and many buildings.

3. I don't believe how many authorized users is an issue. The purpose
of a check source, or multiple check sources, is to check the
operability of the instrumnent.

4. If you have the money, put a check source on each unit, give each
user his or her own instrument, and if you have even more $$$ to
spend, why not give each user his own building.  I really don't care!

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division