Re: Radon and lung cancer

at 11:36 AM 3/2/98 -0600, Cohen wrote:
>	All I ask is that someone offer a not implausible possible
>explanation for my data that is consistent with LNT. Is that asking too
>much? I have offered a sizable monetary reward, and this would settle an
>issue that is bothering a lot of scientists. I am quite sure it would be
>publishable. It seems to me that, in the absence of such an explanation,
>it is reasonable to conclude that the linear-no threshold theory fails in
>the low dose region.

Field Response --

While the LNTT may possibly fail in the low dose region, I fail to see why
it is reasonable to conclude that the LNTT fails in the low dose region
from your data alone.  I think based on your data, you can hypothesize that
it fails, but that is much different than concluding or proving that it fails.