Radon and lung cancer

Dr. Cohen,

 Please provide more specifics to demonstrate why the ecologic study I
mentioned  has erroneous data and how that contributed to the authors
paradoxical findings.  The authors themselves have been trying to find an
answer for their absurd findings for years and have been unable to do so.
I find it interesting that you feel you solved their paradox in 2 days by
saying they have erroneous data when the authors of that study have been
searching for the answer for years.

Bill Field
bill-field@uiowa.edu

At 01:51 PM 3/3/98 -0600, you wrote:
>	Erroneous data is a plausible explanation in the case you mention.
>If someone can offer a plausible suggestion for  how all three sets of
>data I use, our own, EPA's, and data collected by various states, can be
>erroneous, and still agree with one another, that would be sufficient.

******************************
R. William Field, Ph.D.
Division of Epidemiology
Department of Preventive Medicine