Re: Radon and lung cancer

On Tue, 3 Mar 1998, R. William Field wrote:

> Dr. Cohen,
>
>  Please provide more specifics to demonstrate why the ecologic study I
> mentioned  has erroneous data and how that contributed to the authors
> paradoxical findings.  The authors themselves have been trying to find an
> answer for their absurd findings for years and have been unable to do so.
> I find it interesting that you feel you solved their paradox in 2 days by
> saying they have erroneous data when the authors of that study have been
> searching for the answer for years.

	-There is some confusion here. I haven't yet gotten to the library
to look up the ecological study you mentioned, so I obviously have made no
comment on it.
	The comment you refer to, repeated below, was on the Fairbank
observation of a single quark. It was in a reply to a message from
Scherer.

> At 01:51 PM 3/3/98 -0600, you wrote:
> >	Erroneous data is a plausible explanation in the case you mention.
> >If someone can offer a plausible suggestion for  how all three sets of
> >data I use, our own, EPA's, and data collected by various states, can be
> >erroneous, and still agree with one another, that would be sufficient.

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260