Subject: Re: Professional Opinions Wanted
Author:  John Harvey <harveyj@mcmail.CIS.McMaster.CA>  at INTERNET
Date:    3/5/98 1:46 PM

Radsafers:

In the interest of fair play, I would like to provide some additional
information before you reply to Mr.Presley of the Canadian nuclear
regulatory agency.

The regulatory agency has already taken action and has informed the
radiopharmacist and his institution that prosecution is probable. The
license of the institution has been suspended. Your opinions are sought to
justify actions already taken. Your opinions may be used in court, and so
if you also send me a copy, I will forward them to the institution
concerned so that the entire reply is available to both parties.

This does not seem an appropriate forum for a federal regulatory agency to
attempt to justify its actions.

John Harvey                            | McMaster University
Senior Health Physicist                | NRB-110
(905) 525-9140 ext 24226               | 1280 Main St. W.
harveyj@mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca         | Hamilton, Ont Canada L8S 4K1
FAX (905) 528-4339