RE: Clarification re Y90 Spill

As a representative of a canadian licensee, let me only say that the regs
are not clear as for reporting  such particular incident. So any legal
action may end up (again?) as a waste of my tax money. The fines are
ridiculously low (new Act is not inforced yet).

Any legal processes should be taken out of the Mail list and that is an
evidence if you represent the regulator who may prosecute ! (friendly
advice)

As for the particular case, I would have reported the incident, considering
the activities involved and possible over exposures.

This is MY opinion, I sure don't want to influence a future inspection of my
facility ! :-)

Stephane JF
RSO
Gestion du Risque\Risk Management