Re: Hanford Cleanup Strategy

>             Take even a portion of the 85 Billion and spend on
>cancer research, and take the rest and feed, provide shelter and
>security to the masses of the poor and homeless, and we actually can
>see REAL lives saved, not just the statistical lives saved.

Thank you Sandy!  I've been saying this for quite a while in reference to
radiation protection standards and a number of other issues (air bag
injuries, drunk driving checkpoints, etc.).  I'm glad I'm not the only one
who's familiar with the concept of benefit analysis.  Unfortunately, our
politicians and a majority of our bureaucrats are more interested in
looking good politically than in spending our tax money for maximum effect.

End of rant...

Eric

J. Eric Denison
Program Assistant to the Director