Re: Ecologic Studies

R. William Field wrote:

> >I'll be happy to email anyone interested a preprint of the review I
> >wrote of King's book, which appeared in the November 1997 issue of
> >Health Physics.

I just finished reading Jim's review of King's book.  One of the things
Jim says is "As an example of the potential applications of King's
method, the data presented by Cohen (Cohen 1995) might be reanalyzed
using these methods to draw some defensible conclusions about the nature
of the dose-response curve for household radon and lung cancer
induction."  Is anyone out there willing to do that reanalysis?  Does
anyone know if BEIR VI did such a reanalysis?  If not, why not, and
should it not have?  How would we get them to do it if it is decided it
is appropriate?

Al Tschaeche antatnsu@pacbell.net