Re: Monoclonal Antibody Therapy -Reply

How do you perform oblation therapy using I-131 on an outpatient basis?  The limit is
<30 millicuries for Iodine 131 for outpatients and patients requiring oblations usually
get around 150 millicuries?  I am always anxious to learn new ways of doing things.

KMP@NRC.Gov

>>> Chris Alston <alstonc@odrge.odr.georgetown.edu> 03/06/98 05:50am

Scott

The problem would be in meeting the 500 mrem limit for the general public
(questions of contamination aside). It's my recollection that it typically
takes 5 - 11 days to clear the body burden to fulfill the "30-millicurie
rule", in I-131 RIT. However, it's been several years since I had anything
to do with it. I'm forwarding your question to the Radsafe list; maybe
someone there has more definitive info.

chris alston
alstonc@odrge.odr.georgetown.edu
I speak not here for my employer.