Re: (Fwd) Error Condition Re: Re: Hanford Cleanup Strategy

<< Sorry, Mr. Forrer, while I agree with some of your contentions, I must
disagree
 with others.  First: I have heard and read "not everything is learned in the
 classroom..." and "I may not have an alphabet soup after my name..." just a
 couple of times too often for me to let it go by gracefully. I DO have Ph.
D.,
 from a first rate chemistry department at a first rate school (Johns Hopkins)
 and I am darned proud of it and I learned an awful lot in those classrooms
and
 laboratories and have taught an awful lot in my own classrooms and
laboratories.
  Attitudes like yours toward education have contributed to the rise of the
"junk
 science" that we seem to be dealing with.  Just keep on denigrating education
 and see where it gets us.

I've got to agree with you in the education thing. When I discuss my future
B.S. degree with my fellow rent-a-techs more often than not I hear the same
thing.."Wont help me do better surveys, blah, blah." I believe an education is
a valuable tool if you want to make a difference. It is all too easy to fall
into the junk science trap, or any other propaganda agenda if you dont have
proper information and critical thinking skills. This is apparent from the
feedback I am recieving from the little food irradiation article I wrote. The
food co-op has someone write a rebuttal article next to mine. It was filled
with amazing, fantastic, distorted, half truths and lies from Food and Water.
Oh well. If anyone is interested, I will post the rebuttal here.

Charles Migliore
Chasmig@aol.com
"part time student (alphabet soup aspiree) semi-employed (during outage
season) rent-a-tech, Canoe U graduate, RRPT and stuff"