Average Gamma Energy Calc

     Radsafers,

     Does anyone have a tested method for calculation of "E bar gamma",
     average gamma energy, from gamma spec or radiochem analysis? I have
     reasonably good isotopic data for our PWR waste stream and need to
     periodically prove that the calibration of certain instruments is
     acceptable versus the average gamma energy of isotopes present in
     waste stream gamma spec.  The practical purpose is to ensure our whole
     body counters are calibrated to measure the actual energies
     encountered.  Previously, I have used an energy weighted approach. Any
     suggestions?

     Reply: trolnia@entergy.com

     Thanks

     Tom Rolniak