Anonymity

     I initially left this argument to others.  However, although it seems
     superficial and pretty tame, there is an unsettling issue.  One or two
     anonymous respondents on RADSAFE could potentially squelch the free
     and open discussions that make RADSAFE so worthwhile (and thank you
     Melissa, too).  One really does like to know to whom one is speaking.
     What if HPD is a journalist or runs a talk show?  What if he or she is
     related to, or a friend of, people who have made threatening phone
     calls to me (yes, it has happened)?

     I have revived some old associations through RADSAFE and also got some
     new colleagues, and I appreciate the discussions, including the ones
     where I don't know enough to join in.  So, I would encourage anonymous
     correspondents to identify themselves. I don't think RADSAFE should do
     anything in this regard.

     Clearly only my own opinion

     Ruth F. Weiner
     Transportation Systems Department