RE: radiotherapy question

This is just an educated guess on my part, but for anti-perspirants, the
active ingredient is aluminum zirconium hydride.  I'm not much for radiaiton
chemistry, but I'd expect the break down of this compound due to radiation
damage would result in a mild organic acid or base depending on the other
ingredients in the deodorant.  I'll try to remember to check the ingredients
label tonight and consult my college chem text.  It hides cowering in a corner
of my vast bookshelves.  Any other ideas? (ie. am I WAY off or no?)

Scott Kniffin

mailto:Scott.D.Kniffin.1@gsfc.nasa.gov
RSO, Unisys Corp. @ Lanham, MD
CHO, Radiation Effects Facility, GSFC, NASA, Greenbelt, MD

The opinions expressed here are my own.  They do not necessarily represent
the views of Unisys Corporation or NASA.  This information has not been
reviewed by my employer or supervisor.