Re: radiotherapy question

As promised, I checked my ingredients and text book last night and
the other big ingredient that I found was steryl alcohol.  It shouldn't be
hard to break the -OH off of that and get an alkaline solution of sorts
that might eaisly cause irritation on tissue that's already taking a beating.
So sayeth my old text book, so sayeth I (at least to a reasonable level of
confidence).

Scott Kniffin

mailto:Scott.D.Kniffin.1@gsfc.nasa.gov
RSO, Unisys Corp. @ Lanham, MD
CHO, Radiation Effects Facility, GSFC, NASA, Greenbelt, MD

The opinions expressed here are my own.  They do not necessarily represent
the views of Unisys Corporation or NASA.  This information has not been
reviewed by my employer or supervisor.