Re: Photon response of pancake GM's

Assuming that the beam is perpendicular to the detector window, the response
of the tube (Type 8767), where the response at 662 keV is unity, is
essentially flat from above 1000 keV to ~170 keV. Then it turns sharply
upward, peaking at ~50 keV, whereupon it turns sharply downward, reaching
unity again somewhere between 5 and 10 keV. David Allard published a note on
this topic about ten years ago; it was presented at the HPS midyear meeting.

chris alston
alstonc@odrge.odr.georgetown.edu
My postings here are not in representation of my employer.