Kohnlein's Web site

From: Holloway3 <Holloway3@aol.com>

> Kohnlein's web site has a link to a meeting that appears to be
> scheduled in
> Germany next week.   I have copied the titles of some of the most
> dubious
> presentations and list them below.  I suspect that the ancient
> alchemists were
> better scientists than these, even with the alchemist's mixture of
> magic and
> other questionable ideas.

You refer to the international congress "Die Wirkung niedriger
Strahlendosen" (effects of low radiation doses), which is to be held on
march 19 to 21 in Muenster. Professor Dr. Wolfgang Koehnlein is chairman
of
this congress. In the "Programmkomitee" we find, apart from Koehnlein,
quite
some prominent members of a scientific minority that claims the effects
of
low doses to be underestimated by the official approaches on which laws
are
founded. You US-folks might know R. S. Nussbaum from Portland, X. O. Shu

from Minneapolis or S. Wing from Chapel Hill; or Alice Stewart, England
of
course. I skip 16 others from Germany and "the rest of Europe" and from
Israel and only mention Professors H. Kuni, E. Lengfelder and Ingeborg
Schmitz-Feuerhake, who seem to me to be the best known german names in
this
group. Schmitz-Feuerhake is a most prominent member of a group that
tries to
proove the existence of a radiation induced childhood leukemia cluster
in
the south of the nuclear power plant Kruemmel near Hamburg.

Incorporated in the congress is the members meeting of the "Gesellschaft

fuer Strahlenschutz". This is some kind of opposition to the
"Fachverband
fuer Strahlenschutz" which is the german/swiss section of the IRPA and
in
which most of our colleagues (me to include) are organized. But the
corner
around the "Gesellschaft fuer Strahlenschutz" provides almost all
opinions
for mass media and for the majority of the population.

>From march 16 to 18, the GAST (Gemeinschaftsausschuss
Strahlenforschung),
representing the majority of the scientific community in radiation
research,
holds its annual meeting, which covers almost the same subjects as the
above
mentioned congress. This takes place in Muenchen, which is "at the
opposite
corner of Germany". Me seems, this coincidence shows that at least one
of
both sides holds no strong wish to see the opponents on their
meeting.     B-{)

I hope this gives you an impression of the situation around here.

Standard disclaimer: All opinions stated here are mine, which only means

that they don't necessarily coincide with those of my employer or his
customers.
--
Harald Weiss                 weiss@ki.comcity.de
Preetzer Strasse 263         Tel  +49 431 7859659