TVA Tritium Production -Reply

Jesse,

I hate to rain on your parade, but I would advise against a large investment in
Kool-Aid.  When we held a public meeting on the proposed production of tritium in
Watts Bar (which was later approved),  only a couple of dozen people had enough
interest to show up.  Many of those who did attend seemed primarily interested in
castigating TVA for other matters, such as lay-offs.  Of course there was the usual
contingent of folks who tried very hard to say something outrageous enough to get
them onto TV.  Of course, a few actually may have been interested in tritium
production.

You never know about these things, but my guess is that, if the TV cameras show
up, there will be protesters.  As for numbers, I expect enough to give the
appearance on TV of  a crowd, i.e. a dozen or so people.  To get rich, you are going
to have to charge an impressive price for your Kool-Aid.

Charlie Willis
caw@nrc.gov