Re: Hot New Web Sites

>Date:         Wed, 18 Mar 1998 06:03:10 -0800
>Sender: Medical Physics Listserver <medphys@lists.wayne.edu>
>From: Joel Baumbaugh <baumbaug@NOSC.MIL>
>Subject:      Re: Hot New Web Sites
>To: Multiple recipients of list MEDPHYS <MEDPHYS@LISTS.WAYNE.EDU>
>

>         ** Mail from Medphys Listserver **
>If you reply to this message, it will be posted on Medphys for all the
>subscribers to review ...
>

>        Bill,
>
>        I tried this site and it worked great!  It "may" be that the site
was so busy that you were unable to access it...Try it again in the A.M.  I
just tried it again (6:05 A.M. Left Coast time) and it worked
fine...http://physics.nist.gov/cuu

>        Joel
>
>At 08:57 PM 3/17/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>
>>         ** Mail from Medphys Listserver **
>>If you reply to this message, it will be posted on Medphys for all the
>>subscribers to review ...
>>

>>Yesterday someone from NIST gave the list a web site where one could get
some standard values, etc.  The site obviously specialized in physics.  Great!
>>I need this site.
>>
>>So my snail-like computer picked up its heavy protective shell, put down
its footpad and boogied right out there this evening.  A long time later,
I'm convinced there is nothing there.  There are a few NIST divisions with
sites but physics isn't one of them.

>>This is the third time this has happened to me with sites proferred on the
Medphys list.

>>Please!  If you have a hot new web site, test it yourself to be sure it's
there before you present it to the list.  You can save us, especially those
with slower modems and computers, a lot of wasted time.