Lake Tahoe Meeting Announcement

The Sierra Nevada Chapter and Northern California Chapter of the Health
Physics Society will be having their annual meeting at beautiful Lake
Tahoe April 17th and 18th.  The cutoff date for the special room rate is
March 28th.  This year we are having special tributes to both Merrill
Eisenbud (by Newell Stannard) and Wade Patterson (by Ralph Thomas).

The registration fee includes hors d' ourves Friday night at a no-host
attitude adjustment, continental breakfast Saturday morning, a full
lunch Saturday, and cookies and sodas Saturday afternoon at the break.
We also draw for prizes (wine and other goodies) Saturday after the
meeting concludes at 4:15 pm.  Reg fees are a very reasonable $55 for
Saturday's session,  and $25 per PEP course or $40 for both PEP courses.

Register Now!!

As usual we have an excellent meeting planned with two PEP sessions on
Friday the 17th and a scientific session on Saturday.  If you want more
information call any one of us:  George Anastas (916) 278-5447 work or
(916) 786-3004 home; Trisha Edgerton (916) 322-6268 work; Don Honey
(916) 322-4237 work; or Roger Lupo (916) 324-3731.  Here is the agenda:

Friday PEP sessions:
1:00 - 3:00 pm "Computer-Based Health Physics Training", Carolyn Owen,
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

3:30 - 5:30 pm "Overview of Internal Radiation Dosimetry", Otto Raabe,
University of California, Davis

Saturday Scientific Sessions
8:30 Opening remarks and tributes
9:15 "Lessons Learned and Forgotten (Don't Reinvent the Wheel), Examples
of Nuclear Weapons Accidents", John Taschner, Los Alamos National
Laboratory.