Re: SI-units for radiation and activity

At 06:27 PM 3/19/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Just
>imagine if that senator had not succeeded and the US had converted. It would
>have been costly, but it would just have been peanuts at today's prices!

The cost of converting all of the radsafe subscribers should be about zero.
That's not the issue. It's the cost of retraining all the workers on whom
we've spent so much time and effort to get them to understand millirem and
microcurie, the cost of instrument changes, and revising every document we
own, etc.

And when it's done, no one's safety will be improved.

I'd rather see the money spent on improving worker safety. And I really
don't know why that wasn't a huge issue back when these units were first
introduced to the ROW (rest of the world).

---------
Bob Flood
Dosimetry Group Leader
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center