Re: SI-units for radiation and activity -Reply

Fritz,

The real cost of unit conversion would be in the hardware.  For example, my house
is over two decades old, yet when something needs replacing, the replacement
parts are readily available.  I am glad that a worn-out faucet does not mean that all
the plumbing has to be replaced.

Of course, if conversion to SI units promoted world peace or improved my sex life,
I would be happy to make the change.  However, to change without benefit, merely
to suit the dictates of  a pontificating group, is unattractive; in fact, it seems
downright un-American.

Charlie Willis
caw@nrc.gov