Re: a few SI observations

Since we seem to be inching toward the metric system (or should I say,
"centimetering"), it seems worthwhile to consider what would happen to some
of
our favorite aphorisms:

"Give him 2.54 centimeters and he'll take 1.6 kilometers."

"I wouldn't touch that with a 3 meter pole."

"A miss is as good as 1.6 kilometers."

"Don't hide your light under a 35.2 liter basket."

They may not sound quite the same, but, as I've always said, "30 grams of
prevention is worth 454 grams of cure."

(My thanx to Don Srenawski for introducing me to most of these.  If I
offended
anyone, the blame is entirely mine.)
It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton