The radioactive frog

I had an interesting email exchange recently with Norman Solomon and Harvey
Wasserman, the authors of the book "Killing Our Own", which was published
about 16 years ago.  I pointed out to them that one of the instances of
supposed danger  cited in their book was actually a false alarm, and that
their account of it was highly misleading.  It seems that no one had ever
pointed that out to them even though the book was published some years ago.
They allowed as to how I might be right, but asked that I cite some published
information supporting my view.  I am going to post their response (in a week
or so) and my comments on it, on my web site.  There is in fact, plenty of
published evidence that that refutes their claim, because EPA has produced
annual reports containing detailed radiological data for that very site.  One
of the authors is a member of the board of directors of Greenpeace and both
seem to have political views that are unconventional.  There seems to be some
loose correlation between political views and being anti-nuclear, at least
among the leadership of the anti-nuclear organizations.

                                                       Robert Holloway
                                                       http://www.ntanet.net/p
ublicinfo.html
                                                       email: