Re[2]: One pound of Plutonium

     Re "One pound of plutonium:"  We hear this all the time in New Mexico
     too.  I am reminded that some years ago a student burst into my office
     at the university and said, with evident concern, "Dr. Weiner, do you
     know that we use toxic substances in the chemistry laboratory?"  I
     assured her I did, and she wasn't supposed to drink the stuff!  How
     many people would be killed by a gallon of gasoline, or of shampoo,
     for that matter?

     Clearly only my own opinion.

     Ruth F. Weiner
     Transportation Systems Department