Re: When does "rem" no longer apply? -Reply

At 04:07 PM 3/30/98 -0600, you wrote:

>In other words, there is no clear answer.

However, there is a precident in the way doses are reported by NIST and DOE
for accrediting dosimetry programs. The protection range doses are shown in
the test reports as rem for values up to 10, and the accident range data
are reported as 10-500 rad. Personally, I don't agree with a 10 rem
dividing line, but I don't recall NIST asking for my opinion, either.

---------
Bob Flood
Dosimetry Group Leader
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center