Decontamination of nuclear chemistry lab

Dear Radsafers,

Due to reorganisation/restructuring, our nuclear chemistry laboratories are
due to be refurbished after many years of mixed teaching and research
activities.  We anticipate a number of interesting problems will come to
light particularly as previous work has included work with alpha emmitters,
tritium gas production equipment and a Ra/Be neutron source.  Not all of
this may have been to current best practice.

This is a request for information on the practical aspects of this type of
decontamination and some of the pitfalls to avoid.

An added challenge is that there is no waste facility in Australia which
will accept radioactive material!

Thanks in advance for your help.
***********Dr Stuart Prosser				tel: (02) 9385 2912
Radiation Safety Coordinator			fax: (02) 9385 2365
The University of New South Wales		email: s.prosser@unsw.edu.au