Re: Activation Calculations

Dear Radsafers,

On Vega-Carrillo, H.R., Rios-Martinez, C., Quirino, T., L.L., Hertel, N.E. and
Iskander, F.Y.: Zinalco and Ziracalloy-4 Nuclear Characterization, J. of
Radioanal. and Nucl. Chem., Articles, 150(1), 1991, pp. 171-175, was
carried out a thermal neutron activation analysis of Ziracalloy-4 samples
and is reported the following trace composition:

Element          ppm(micrograms/gram) uncertainty is 1 std. dev.
W                        3705    +-  4
Zr                    667000     +-  667
Fe                        2118    +-  30
Cr                           759    +-  3
Nd                         553     +-  53
Hf                            56.2  +- 0.3
Sn                          140.1 +- 62.8
Cu, Na, Sr, Zn      Not determined

Hector

>>> alwolff@ies.iec-energy.com
>>> wolff.albert@mcleod.net