RE: High natural background at Ramsari

Thanks to Andy's note, I just looked at page 14 of Dr. Luckey's
"Radiation Hormesis". Luckey's reference for Ramsari's dose rate of 7 -
480 mGy/yr (700 mrad/yr - 48 rad/yr) appears to be a personal letter.
Are there any peer-reviewed documents that substantiate these high dose
rates? Does anyone know what the source of the radiation is?

48 rad/yr equates to about 5 mrad/hr - if this were something other than
"natural", they would have to post the town as a radiation area!

Bruce Pickett
The Boeing Company, Seattle, WA
bruce.d.pickett@boeing.com