Re: Chemical Form of Strontium Sources

Strontium chloride is common, and I believe strontium carbonate has been used.

Bob Hearn
rah@america.net

At 04:34 PM 4/6/98 -0500, David W. Lee wrote:
>Dear Radsafers:
>

>	My question is directed primarily to anyone familiar with the actual
manufacture of radioactive strontium sources.  Specifically, what is the
typical chemical form of the strontium?  Is it typically strontium
chloride, strontium oxide, etc.?  Thank-you.  Best regards  David