CHP Part II

Note that the ABHP distributes past Part II questions for a rather nominal fee.
Regarding the commercial Part I prep packages be aware that the ABHP exam does not use several types of questions that appear in these packages, e.g., ..
- answers with 'all of the above' or 'none of the above'
- questions that take more than 3-4 minutes to read, digest, and answer.
- questions phrased as the negative, i.e., which does not meet the criteria...
- questions on topics of little technical importance, regardless of how interesting the item is (although this judgement is always subject to argument, which is why there is a committee that votes on it).

Over the years there has been repeated rumors that folks were collecting exam questions for use by others. To the best of my knowledge there has never been any positive evidence of this, and statistical analysis of exam results has not demonstrated any evidence. The one prep program I saw in fact had quite a few questions that were very similar to some on the exam, but I judged this simlpy coincidental. There are only so many ways you can ask questions on certain topics. I would like to point out that the ABHP considers the continuing integrity of the exam an ethics issue, which all professionals agree to as part of the certification process.

Have a quite and rewarding Easter, and good luck to Tiger.
Lester Slaback
NBSR Health Physics
Center for Neutron Research
NIST