RE: Genetic effects in humans

Dear Bill,

As a former inhabitant of the place called USSR I suspect that the main
point is: "international aid is needed".  It is not about the genetic
effects, it's about MONEY.  You see, - the 'aid' comes in and no one
usually sees it, except for the some local governmental officials who are
able to re-locate semi-permanently to more pleasant places with a plenty
of cash...
Of course, there are exceptions of honest aid providers etc., but I
believe everybody heard about the percentage of money which actually goes
to people, after aid agency has paid the salaries to staff and volunteers
on both sides of the line...
By the way, to the best of my knowledge, the area has quite high natural
background (I do believe there were and maybe still are a couple of
uranium mines and plants in the area).

It is, from my point of view, very similar to the statements made by
Ukrainian authorities some time ago, something like "international aid is
needed, or we will continue to operate three remaining deadly Chernobyl
reactors".

Of course, it is only my personal speculations...

Kind regards

Nick Tsurikov
Eneabba - Western Australia
ntsuriko@rgc.com.au