Re: Tritium Contamination Detectors

Mr. Doerr:

We are in the throws of a decommissioning project in which we performing
surveys for tritium contamination.  We are using the Ludlum Model 44-110
tritium detector mentioned by Mr. Norman.  If you consider going that
route, give me a call; I'd be happy to share some information with you on
the operating characteristics of the instrument.

Technical Associates (Robert Goldstein, 818-883-7043) also has a tritium
scanning probe/system.  I have no experience with this system, but I'm sure
they could put you in contact with those who do.

Reg's,

Shane Brightwell
~~~~~

At 04:06 PM 4/14/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Does anyone know of a survey instrument capable of detecting fixed
>tritium contamination?  EG&G Berthold claims that the thin Mylar
>windowed LB 1230T1 is the only such detector.  If you have used this
>detector, please tell me what you think.
>
>Any and all comments are appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>doerrl@ria.army.mil

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~