Re: Tritium Contamination Detectors

As mentioned by others this is a windowless detector which can be usefull
in detecting significant levels of H-3 surface contamination.  It should
not however be used to measure contamination amounts in dpm/100 cm2.  The
only way to do this is to take physical samples and have a laboratory
analyze them for Tritium. Some of the problems we found with the winowless
detector were change in sensitivity with: 1. Orientation(verticle vs
horizontal). 2. Humidity 3. Roughness of surface. (We found it totally
unusable on a scabbled surface.
Warren Church, University of Massachusetts Lowell
warren_church@uml.edu