Re: Chernobyl and Similar Hazards -Reply, Re General Marshall

Wil,

Most of us would agree that General Marshall's talents and attitudes were better
utilized  than they would have been as a health physicist.  However, I question the
implication that health physicists are a mean-spirited bunch that would not support
actions such as the Marshall Plan.  Rather, I believe we are seeing a natural
response to unfortunate phraseology.  The Marshall Plan was not a response to a
"demand for," or a self-proclaimed "right to," economic assistance.  As I
remember the attitude of the times, such demands and claims would have made the
accomplishments of the Marshall Plan much more difficult, if not impossible.

Charlie Willis
caw@nrc.gov