re: environmental damage

In studying for the upcoming CIH exam (next week) I have come across several
examples of how much CLEANER the environment has become in the last 20
years.  The most dramatic example is lead.  The numbers I saw cited a 90%
reduction since the phase-out of TEL in gas.  If I make it home before bed
time I will see if I can find the info on other pollutants which was given.
Considering that proper chemical disposal used to mean dumping it in a field
and the strict enforcement of the CWA, CAA, RCRA, CERCLA, TOSCA, over the
last 20 years I think it is safe to say we are in much better shape.