?? Food Irradiation - Help

Hi All,

I am looking for a little help. I am researching food irradiation and
came across (was given) a Wellness News Letter from UofCal- Berkeley,
School of Public Health (1992). In it, they make the statement:

   	"Several states, including Maine, New York and New Jersey, have
already banned or imposed 		moratoriums on irradiation foods."

I would like to know if this is true, and if possible, find out what the
"ban or moratoriums" say.  Also, I would appreciate it if anyone with a
state policy/position statement on food irradiation fax or send it to me
(360-236-2255).

Thanks!

Bruce

Bruce Busby   W - bab1303@hub.doh.wa.gov  H - babusby@aol.com
Radiation Health Physicist - Washington State Department of Health
Radiation Protection Division - Radioactive Materials Section
7171 Cleanwater Lane, Building 5, PO Box 47827
Olympia, WA      98504-7827
Phone: 360-236-3222      Fax: 360-236-2255