Re: Radioactive Material Distribution

We had tried a "verification before ordering" on limits and found it to be very hard to implement (took too much staff time). Therefore, we have made the assumption that they are ordering what they need. If that is correct we do not expect to see order that are significantly greater than that authorized. Therefore, when we verify that they are authorized for the isotope, chemical form, amount and total for the year if there is a discrepancy we call, discuss the use and modify the permit as needed. In the past 5 years we have had to return one order and that was because an order was placed and the PI did not want the student to perform the research after it was ordered.

Paul Lavely
(510) 643-7976