Re: RF

My vote is for "radiofrequency"...

At 11:57 AM 5/6/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Greetings all,
>
>We're developing an RF safety class, and a minor debate has erupted. We
>thought we'd go to the Well of Knowledge (Radsafe) for the answers.
>
>Which is correct:
>
>Radiofrequency
>Radio-frequency
>Radio Frequency
>
>We've looked at regulations and standards up the yingie, and the usage is
>all over the place. In the great scope of things, it probably doesn't
>matter, but what the heck. I just thought I'd ask, and it's more appropriate
>than talking about movie stars.
>
>I sit here in hair shirt and sack cloth awaiting enlightenment.
>
>Thank you for your help.
>Donald P. Mercado
>Radiation Safety Officer
>Lockheed Martin Missiles & Space
>O/47-20, B/101
>1111 Lockheed Martin Way
>Sunnyvale, CA 94089
>Ph. (408) 742-0759
>Fx. (408) 742-0611
>Email: Don.Mercado@lmco.com

Tad  Blanchard            /__ \ /___\   NASA-Goddard Space Flight Center
Nat'l Health Svc, Inc          O         Code 205.9, Greenbelt, MD 20771
Sr Health Physics Tech        / \                    Phone: 301-286-9157
Assistant RSO                /___\                   Fax:   301-286-1618
                 mailto:Tad.M.Blanchard.1@GSFC.NASA.gov
        http://panza.gsfc.nasa.gov/205/205-2/Health/RADPROT.HTM