D2O -Reply

John,
  I couldn't resist replying.  I wrote a lesson plan concerning Tritium a while
back, and for the lab portion we compared chemical properties of D2O to regular
water.  When I ordered 1/2 Liter of D2O, the company sent me an MSDS (material
safety data sheet) for it.  One of the hazards listed was drowning in large
quantities.  True story.  I don't recall the other hazards, but you should be
able to get an MSDS from any company which markets it.  Good luck.
Anthony F. (Tony) Armagno
Northeast Utilities Millstone Station
Tele: (860) 437-2519
E-Mail: armagaf@gwsmtp.nu.com
According to Cowboy Wisdom: There's more ways to skin a cat than stickin' his
head in a boot jack and jerkin' on his tail!