Re: Stripping Radon From Air Samples

Tom,

At the risk of sounding sarcastic, (and I'm not trying to be) You must be
a hell of a HP. Like must of the really good ones I know you can't answer
a question without adding at least three new questions to the table. :)

>1.  If the major contaminant in the soil is "primarily Pu-239 and Am-241" is
>it reasonable to risk allowing intake at the levels in the soil?

The workers are well protected, we have a very good HP staff that look
out for the workers. However in the DOE (everywhere else for that matter)
regulated world we need documentation to back that up. We also need to
show a good safe practice for protecting them, as I said in my post a
24hr delay in counting does not exhibit that.

>2.  What do you mean by immediate area, are on-lookers allowed in the same
>area as the excavation?

No lookee lous are not allowed, however we still haven't found a way to
control the Nevada winds or what direction they will blow.

>3.  Is there possibly an occupational exposure to radon and daughters?

No more so than standing out in the middle of the Nevada desert than
standing on the Las Vegas Strip.
>4.  Regarding the program, Clay French has an e-mail address listed on the
>AAHP - CHP list.

THANK-YOU so very much for the lead on Mr. French's e-mail address, I
should have thought of that.

Bob Augdahl
RRPT
augie@macconnect.com